Monday, April 07, 2008

Digitization 101: The Workshop at Computers in Libraries

Unofficially Computers in Libraries began on Saturday as participants arrived in Crystal City, VA. Sunday brought pre-conference workshops including Digitization 101: The Workshop. My workshop had 23 participants including librarians and non-librarians from as far away as Washington State, Illinois, Texas, Missouri, Iowa Louisiana, other U.S. states and Quebec (Canada).

In the three-hour workshop, I covered four area:
  • Scope
  • Selection
  • "Scanning" (Conversion)
  • Sustainability
As I promised the attendees, here is the resource list for the workshop (others can look at it too!). This resource list has been updated since last year.

The questions and conversations were good. I'll post more about that later...

Link updated 4/8/2008.


Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

kevin driedger said...

The resource list link is dead.

Jill Hurst-Wahl said...

Kevin, the link has been fixed. My apologies.